Re: Confederate Battle Plan for Shiloh 1862

  • gnrljejohnston
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 6, 2007
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Perry Gray" <perryrgray@...>
      wrote:

      > I have read several accounts of the battle including "Shiloh: Bloody
      > April" by Wiley Sword, articles by Stacey Allen (park historian),
      > "Army of the Heartland" by TL Connelly and the booklet published by
      > Eastern National for the battlefield park. None give any reasons for
      > the strange deployment, although most indicate that it created serious
      > problems for command, control and movement.
      >
      > Perry Gray
      > Editor Saga Newsletter
      > http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SAGAWarfare/

      Perry, you might include in your research reading Larry
      Daniiel's "Shiloh" but more importantly "Shiloh and the Western
      Campaign of 1862" by O. Edward Cunningham. The latter has now been
      edited by Gary Joiner and Tim Smith.
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 10, 2007
        In a message dated 12/11/2007 12:27:18 A.M. Central Standard Time, perryrgray@... writes:
        It is always good to know that there are so many helpful people and what they can provide to help others better appreciate this conflict.
        Perry: I don't know of a single person in this community that won't jump in to help with whatever. We're all here because we are immersed obscenely in the study and want to draw you in, as well.

        ken