Re: Confederate Battle Plan for Shiloh 1862

  • James W. Durney
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 9, 2007
      > > I thought the plan of battle was done prior to startting the march
      > > Shiloh.
      >
      > Your right it was. The order to advance and the battle plan were
      > essentially wrapped into one.
      >
      > > ... I checked the Sword & Cunningham books and cannot find that
      > > this was the case. They both talk about the order to advance but
      > > nothing about a battle plan. PGTB & ASJ seem to have stumbled into
      > the
      > > battle with little coordination and less planning then I had
      thought.

      > I draw the opposite conclusion. The plan as adopted seems to address
      > the constraints of the path of advance.

      Maybe the question is how much did the problems during the approach
      impact the battle plan not what was planned.
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 10, 2007
        In a message dated 12/11/2007 12:27:18 A.M. Central Standard Time, perryrgray@... writes:
        It is always good to know that there are so many helpful people and what they can provide to help others better appreciate this conflict.
        Perry: I don't know of a single person in this community that won't jump in to help with whatever. We're all here because we are immersed obscenely in the study and want to draw you in, as well.

        ken