Re: Confederate Battle Plan for Shiloh 1862

  • jgillen94
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 6, 2007
      I have just started studying Shiloh and have read the major works on
      the battle. It is my understanding that one of Beauregards aides wrote
      up the operation orders and used the order written for Waterloo as a
      model. Therefore it was the only the written order that was model after
      Waterloo not the actual deployment. In a statement by Beauregard at a
      later date he said he deployed the Confederate forces that way because
      or the fact they were green troops, the ground was broken so that way
      it would be easier to control them. He gives this either in the account
      he wrote in "Battle and Laaders" or in "The Military Operations of
      General Beauregard" by Alfred Roman. Most historian feel that the
      orignal deployment was afulty to say the lest.

      Jim G
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 10, 2007
        In a message dated 12/11/2007 12:27:18 A.M. Central Standard Time, perryrgray@... writes:
        It is always good to know that there are so many helpful people and what they can provide to help others better appreciate this conflict.
        Perry: I don't know of a single person in this community that won't jump in to help with whatever. We're all here because we are immersed obscenely in the study and want to draw you in, as well.

        ken