Re: Lightning Ellsworth - His Last Roll Call

  • drnancytodd
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
      Walt,

      Thanks for posting the information you received. Fascinating! Given
      the Louisiana pension info sure does look like George was married even
      while being a "knight of the road." Please keep us posted. I'm curious
      now about this gentleman.

      One of my other interests is genealogy and I found a couple of
      Ellsworth posts you might find helpful.

      This one was posted by a descendant of O. J. Vinet and his wife
      Elizabeth Ellsworth Vinet, daughter of George and Mary. If you click
      on the Glen Vinet link it will reveal his email address. He might know
      something.
      http://genforum.genealogy.com/vinet/messages/34.html

      This one was posted by someone looking for graves of Texas civil war
      soldiers, including George. No one replied to his query but he might
      have found something anyway.
      http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.louisiana.parishes.orleans/3049/mb.ashx

      Nancy T