RE: [civilwarwest] Special Order No 200 5th Arkansas Infantry

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24 1:27 PM
      Special Orders were used, among other things, for personal issues, promotions, transfers, detachments etc. I doubt that the CS Sec War would have been issuing a special order for this, but more likely it would have been either the Adjutant and Inspector General (AIGO) or issued at a lower level, i.e., department, division, regiment, etc.

      As to locating the specific wording, good luck! Unless it is included in his CMSR, I doubt you will find it.

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@...

      "All arrogance will reap a harvest rich in tears. God calls men to a heavy reckoning for overweening pride." Aeschylus