Re: Read: [civilwarwest] Union positions 1st Day Shiloh

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 4, 2007
      well, I can see we are going to have a whole bunch of riveting
      messages this month [g].

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 4, 2007
        wow, nice map resource, Harry, thanks!
        This'll go in our "links" in the maps folder.
        the below like a page with the full menu:

        http://www.civilwarlandscapes.org/cwla/choose/battlef.htm

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...> wrote:

        > Try this link:
        >
        > http://www.civilwarlandscapes.org/cwla/states/tn/sh/tm_time/sh_day1f.htm
        >
        > Great maps.
        >
        > Harry

      • gnrljejohnston
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 7, 2007
          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "jgillen94" <jgillen94@...> wrote:

          > Looking for a source showing the positions by brigade or regiment of
          > Union forces at the start of battle of Shiloh. Have the West Point
          > Atlas maps but they only show divisions. Also is there book or
          article
          > dealing with the action in the "Hornet's Nest" and it's importance in
          > the battle.

          Try this site to answer your post.. I found it to be great for it even
          breaks it down to the regiment level.

          http://www.civilwarlandscapes.org/cwla/states/tn/sh/tm_time/sh_day1f.htm

          JEJ
        • jgillen94
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 8, 2007
            Thanks the maps are great. I printed them all out and am sure they will
            help in my research.
            Jim