RE: [civilwarwest] Union positions 1st Day Shiloh

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007

      Try this link:

      http://www.civilwarlandscapes.org/cwla/states/tn/sh/tm_time/sh_day1f.htm

      Great maps.

      Harry

      -----Original Message-----
      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jgillen94
      Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 11:44 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Union positions 1st Day Shiloh

      Looking for a source showing the positions by brigade or regiment of
      Union forces at the start of battle of Shiloh. Have the West Point
      Atlas maps but they only show divisions. Also is there book or article
      dealing with the action in the "Hornet's Nest" and it's importance in
      the battle.

    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 3, 2007
        Your message

        To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: Gentsch, James
        Subject: 10/3/2007 10:01 AM

        was read on 10/3/2007 2:50 PM.
      • Carl Williams
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2007
          well, I can see we are going to have a whole bunch of riveting
          messages this month [g].

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 4, 2007
            wow, nice map resource, Harry, thanks!
            This'll go in our "links" in the maps folder.
            the below like a page with the full menu:

            http://www.civilwarlandscapes.org/cwla/choose/battlef.htm

            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@...> wrote:

            > Try this link:
            >
            > http://www.civilwarlandscapes.org/cwla/states/tn/sh/tm_time/sh_day1f.htm
            >
            > Great maps.
            >
            > Harry

          • gnrljejohnston
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 7, 2007
              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "jgillen94" <jgillen94@...> wrote:

              > Looking for a source showing the positions by brigade or regiment of
              > Union forces at the start of battle of Shiloh. Have the West Point
              > Atlas maps but they only show divisions. Also is there book or
              article
              > dealing with the action in the "Hornet's Nest" and it's importance in
              > the battle.

              Try this site to answer your post.. I found it to be great for it even
              breaks it down to the regiment level.

              http://www.civilwarlandscapes.org/cwla/states/tn/sh/tm_time/sh_day1f.htm

              JEJ
            • jgillen94
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 8, 2007
                Thanks the maps are great. I printed them all out and am sure they will
                help in my research.
                Jim