Dalton Executions

  • Michael C. Hardy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      Greetings! I am currently working on a book about the 58th North
      Carolina Troops, a part of the Army of Tennessee. In May 1864,
      fourteen men, mostly from the 58th NCT, were executed for desertion.
      The location was near Dalton, off Crow Valley Road.

      Back, at least fifteen years ago, I was at the reenactment at Reseca,
      Georgia, and a gentlemen I met there knew of the executions, and he
      even knew where the site was. He was taking some folks over there.
      Unfortunately, I did not go, and little realized at the time that
      one day I would write a book about the regiment in which these men
      served.

      Is anyone aware of the site and can give me directions, or put me in
      contact with the land owners? I live in western North Carolina, and
      will be visiting the north Georgia area over the upcoming weekend.

      Thanks for all of the help. Sorry if you receive this message more
      than once. I am going to cross-post the message to a couple of
      different
      lists.

      Regards,
      Michael C. Hardy