[civilwarwest] Books

  • Jlb4tlb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 69 , Jan 15, 2000
      In a message dated 1/15/00 6:31:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      shotgun@... writes:

      > In reference to the other part of your mail, I am anxious to see what the
      > other members have to say about Davis not relieving the good "Bishop" Polk
      > from command. Neither he, nor Bragg, are number one on my favorite generals
      > list. Of course I am just getting started in the Western Theater. I saw a
      > question earlier about books on the Western Theater, and lord knows I am
      > certainly not one that can answer that question but one of my favorites is
      > Wiley Sword's "Mountain's Touched With Fire." Don't suppose that could be
      > because it has some Cleburne action in it do you?

      Greetings All

      I just got "Mountains Touched With Fire," however it will most likely be
      a month or so before I get to it. As always, I am about 5 books behind on my
      reading. I read "Decision In The West" by Albert Castel and "This Terrible
      Sound" by Peter Cozzens and would highly recommend both books.

      Jeff Burk
    • Bob Taubman
      Message 69 of 69 , Dec 17, 2010
        I really liked Sherman's Horsemen, by Evans along with those you have mentioned.  Castel's Decision in the West is an excellent read as is Embrace an Angry Wind, The Confederacy's Last Hurrah:  Spring Hill, Franklin, and Nashville by Wiley Sword.