RE: [civilwarwest] What book or movie script would you write

  • Tom Mix
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29 8:39 AM

      Bill,

      But think about it: if you are wearing the Gray and are in a following wave after all the others have been butchered do you want to be the next to be butchered? No, of course not, but you go because you have to. Like at Petersburg. You go out of duty or obligation or because it takes more courage to say no than to go.  But you know it is a mistake and you don’t want to be the last to die for this mistake before the guy who ordered decides to halt the attack. Kerry’s words do apply if you look at it logically and fairly.

      If your watching your friends getting butchered do you want to be butchered next?

      That is part of the drama of Franklin. The attacked, and then they attacked again, then again and the died, and died some more and then died yet some more all because Hood ordered them to do so. You can’t tell me these men, these experienced combat veterans didn’t see the mistake they were about to die for.

      That is part of the drama and that is something that would need to be shown in a movie.

      Tom