Re: [civilwarwest] Re: William C. Anderson listed as Bloody Bill

  • lags500
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 8 4:16 PM
      I'm with you Ken. My great great great grandfather was one of the few survivors of the Baxter Springs massacre. He was in Co. I 3rd Wi Cav.   Larry
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 8 5:05 PM
        BUT, were they not part of the history of the Civil War? The beauty of
        these forums is that you can join in a discussion when the subject line
        is one that interests you, and skip those that don't. Sincerely, Fran
        Bolton

        > I find myself in agreement, Ken. Bloody Bill and his fools were little
        more
        > than murderers and butchers of the first degree. They were not
        > representative of the fighting men in uniform of the North and South.
        >
        > Tom

        Bill

        > Still haven't figured out why there is a controversy. Bloody Bill did
        not
        > earn the attention he is getting. And I frankly don't care where he
        died--so
        > long as he's dead. I'd prefer to believe that dogs ate him, but I
        guess
        > there is no historical basis for that.
        >

        > ken
        >

        > _____
        >
        > Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com

        <http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982>
        .

      • Tom Mix
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 8 5:24 PM

          Sure, I have no problem with that. They are part of the history of the war, particularly in the Western sector. But they were still blood thirsty thugs, out of uniform for the most part and out of control for the whole part.

          Tom