RE: [civilwarwest] William C. Anderson listed as Bloody Bill

  • Bob Huddleston
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
      You will note who the book is aimed at......

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@...

      "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane."
      ---Mark Twain, 1907

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 7, 2007
        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Huddleston"
        <huddleston.r@...> wrote:

        > You will note who the book is aimed at......

        I took it to mean *written* by an idiot [g]
      • Colin
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
          Actually, the Complete Idiots guide is one of the most well respected
          and popular series of any books out there. If you don't believe me then
          do your own homework.

          > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Huddleston"
          > <huddleston.r@> wrote:
          > >
          > > You will note who the book is aimed at......
          > >

          > I took it to mean *written* by an idiot [g]

        • Carl Williams
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
            nothing personal intended, sorry for any offense in an attempt at humor.

            But I would think there would be a limit to the amount of respect a
            series named like that could get?

            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Colin" <spx786@...> wrote:

            > Actually, the Complete Idiots guide is one of the most well respected
            > and popular series of any books out there. If you don't believe me then
            > do your own homework.
            >

            > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" <carlw4514@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Huddleston"
            > > <huddleston.r@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > You will note who the book is aimed at......
            > > >

            > > I took it to mean *written* by an idiot [g]

          • Tom Mix
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007

              It is a good series but I don’t think Bob meant in a demeaning manner. At least I took it as to be humorous. I one or two of those books. But the hockey one really was for “dummies”, in my opinion. They are pretty remedial in general but some, like the one on Pirates, are very informative and a fun read.

              wrote:

              > --- In civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com,
              "Bob Huddleston"
              > <huddleston. r@> wrote:
              > >
              > > You will note who the book is aimed at......
              > >

              > I took it to mean *written* by an idiot [g]

            • franbolton
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
                What source does the author cite for giving Bloody Bill's name as
                William C Anderson of Brown Co TX? Sincerely, Fran Bolton
                --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Colin" <spx786@...> wrote:

                > Actually, the Complete Idiots guide is one of the most well respected
                > and popular series of any books out there. If you don't believe me
                then
                > do your own homework.
                >

                > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" carlw4514@
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Huddleston"
                > > <huddleston.r@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > You will note who the book is aimed at......
                > > >

                > > I took it to mean *written* by an idiot [g]

              • hank9174
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
                  Is there even any mention of 'Brown Co TX' in the idiot's guide?

                  I suspect they've just cut and pasted the incorrect initial from
                  Shelby Foote...

                  HankC

                  --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "franbolton" <franbolton@...>
                  wrote:

                  > What source does the author cite for giving Bloody Bill's name as
                  > William C Anderson of Brown Co TX? Sincerely, Fran Bolton
                  > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Colin" <spx786@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Actually, the Complete Idiots guide is one of the most well
                  respected
                  > > and popular series of any books out there. If you don't believe me
                  > then
                  > > do your own homework.
                  > >

                  > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" carlw4514@
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Huddleston"

                  > > > I took it to mean *written* by an idiot [g]

                • Chuck Rabas
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007

                    --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "hank9174" <clarkc@...> wrote:

                    Is there even any mention of 'Brown Co TX' in the idiot's guide?   I suspect they've just cut and pasted the incorrect initial from Shelby Foote...
                     HankC

                    And Foote apparently c/p from Brownlee.

                    Chuck

                  • keeno2@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
                      Still haven't figured out why there is a controversy. Bloody Bill did not earn the attention he is getting. And I frankly don't care where he died--so long as he's dead. I'd prefer to believe that dogs ate him, but I guess there is no historical basis for that.

                      ken

                    • lags500
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
                        I'm with you Ken. My great great great grandfather was one of the few survivors of the Baxter Springs massacre. He was in Co. I 3rd Wi Cav.   Larry

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007

                          I find myself in agreement, Ken. Bloody Bill and his fools were little more than murderers and butchers of the first degree. They were not representative of the fighting men in uniform of the North and South.

                          Tom

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007
                            BUT, were they not part of the history of the Civil War? The beauty of
                            these forums is that you can join in a discussion when the subject line
                            is one that interests you, and skip those that don't. Sincerely, Fran
                            Bolton

                            > I find myself in agreement, Ken. Bloody Bill and his fools were little
                            more
                            > than murderers and butchers of the first degree. They were not
                            > representative of the fighting men in uniform of the North and South.
                            >
                            > Tom

                            Bill

                            > Still haven't figured out why there is a controversy. Bloody Bill did
                            not
                            > earn the attention he is getting. And I frankly don't care where he
                            died--so
                            > long as he's dead. I'd prefer to believe that dogs ate him, but I
                            guess
                            > there is no historical basis for that.
                            >

                            > ken
                            >

                            > _____
                            >
                            > Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com

                            <http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982>
                            .

                          • Tom Mix
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 8, 2007

                              Sure, I have no problem with that. They are part of the history of the war, particularly in the Western sector. But they were still blood thirsty thugs, out of uniform for the most part and out of control for the whole part.

                              Tom