Re: [civilwarwest] Greetings,

  • Steve Hall
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 14 5:08 PM
      Susan,
          Well, I was lucky to grow up during the last years of this theater, I remember most seeing "Herbie the Love Bug" with a group from church, mainly because there was a "Hebie" sitting right in front of the theater.  Today's theaters, set out in shopping malls and strip malls, or out with their own parking lots, just aren't the same as the old theaters sitting in the heart of downtown.
          I was also lucky in that years later when I spent some time working part time at our local theater, a much more modern theater on the outskirts, the manager of the facility was the son of the man who had managed the old "Wink" theater downtown.  My manager had been there as a boy at the same showing of "Where the Red Fern Grows" but was helping as an usher, his father had kept him out of school to help!

      Steve Hall - Commander
      Lt. Col. William Luffman Camp #938
      Sons of Confederate Veterans
      Chatsworth, Georgia
      Steve that is a great story.  Love those old theatres.
      Susan

      Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.

    • Steve Hall