Central Mississippi Maps

  • Keith Giordano
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
      Can anyone help me locate a map of the area east of Jackson during the
      war? I would like to find one with the local roads on it.
    • keeno2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2007
        In a message dated 7/1/2007 9:53:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time, keg032461@... writes:
        Can anyone help me locate a map of the area east of Jackson during the war? I would like to find one with the local roads on it.
        Warren E. Grabau, Ninety-Eight Days, Includes small maps of the entire Vicksburg Campaign. Might be a little much if all you wanted was one map.

        Ken

        See what's free at AOL.com.
      • Tony Gunter
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Giordano" <keg032461@...>
          wrote:

          > Can anyone help me locate a map of the area east of Jackson during
          the
          > war? I would like to find one with the local roads on it.

          Margie Bearss' book is excellent and is full of maps. I highly
          recommend it if you're motivated at all to read up on the Meridian
          Campaign.
        • Keith Giordano
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007

            > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Giordano" <keg032461@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Can anyone help me locate a map of the area east of Jackson during
            > the
            > > war? I would like to find one with the local roads on it.
            > >

            > Margie Bearss' book is excellent and is full of maps. I highly
            > recommend it if you're motivated at all to read up on the Meridian
            > Campaign.

            I have read it but the maps are hand drawn. I have found some at the
            archives but would like one with a little more detail.
            I have seen in letters of Mrs. Bearss' where when she wrote the book
            she had access to a map.
          • Keith Giordano
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007