Books in the DiLorenzo Vein

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2007
      As for DiLorenzo, I did feel that he was dipping back into a certain
      body of argument that was current in Maryland at one time. This
      literature at least was not mindless hate of Lincoln, but reasoned
      objections and charges about the alleged un-Constitutional nature of
      some of Lincoln's actions in that state and the nation. Although I
      would also call a lot of it misplaced and over-heated, that body of
      argument has some interest for me. Marylanders certainly caught the
      brunt of much of Lincoln's actions that were of an [arguably]
      oppressive nature.

      I would not call DiLorenzo's book well written.

      Another book that reminds me of DiLorenzo's book is "The Politically
      Incorrect Guide to American History " by Thomas E. Woods Jr. In a lot
      of ways it is a refreshing change of view. But for anyone wanting to
      check up for himself on anything, there are no footnotes! Just oblique
      references to various books. Pretty bad.
    • Bob Huddleston
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2007
        For a careful rebuttal of DiLorenzo, see Jim Epperson's
        http://members.aol.com/jfepperson/dilorenz.htm

        Take care,

        Bob

        Judy and Bob Huddleston
        10643 Sperry Street
        Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
        303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@...

        "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane."
        ---Mark Twain, 1907