Re: Chattanooga

  • hank9174
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 12, 2007

      > As for you claim of Hooker's "brilliance" and that others believe your
      > statements to be true, I don't think so. Hooker did a fine job but
      > brilliant? No, I can't that far but that is subjective thought.

      Brilliant for Hooker ;)

      Perhaps his best performance? He did everything correctly: the sweep
      around the nose of lookout, positioning artillery to break up strong
      points, sending a force up to the Lookout summit to sweep it from north
      to south, pushing on around the CS left flank...

      HankC
    • william
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 25, 2010
        Thnk you, I was under the impression that Cleburne was pretty much alone in the defence of the northern end.

        Bill Bruner