Re: Chattanooga

  • William H Keene
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 11, 2007
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "oneplez" <oneplez@...> wrote:
      > My opinion that Hookers performance was brilliant is as valid as
      > yours that Sherman moved at your acceptable speed rate.

      You are certainly entilted to your opinion. I would like to know what
      it is based on, since I do not understand how that opinion of Hooker
      was arrived at.

      > Mine may be more acceptable since it is generally perceived by others
      > as true.

      What others? Is that the basis for your opinions -- that they are held
      by others?

      > ... Nobody ever accused Sherman of moving rapidly, viz his
      > slowness in getting to Chattanooga once Grant ordered him to drop the
      > bridge repairs.

      Not sure what you are intending to say or mean here.
    • william
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 25, 2010
        Thnk you, I was under the impression that Cleburne was pretty much alone in the defence of the northern end.

        Bill Bruner