Re: HPS has announced Campaign Chickamauga

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      Sure shows to go you , when it comes to predicting the future. I would
      have thought AI would be improving by leaps and bounds, but that hasnt
      happened.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "James W. Durney" <JWD2044@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" <carlw4514@>
      > wrote:
      > > James, these are suitable for play against the computer?
      > >

      > Depends, nothing beats a person and the PC AI is fair to poor. The
      > smaller games it will hold up but the large scale battles it gets real
      > bad.
      >
      > I usually play the PC, being unwilling or unable to set aside the time
      > to play PBEM. I keep wishing they would put some time into improving
      > the AI but I'm not sure that is possible either.
      >
      > Hope that helps. I have all the games and am buying this one. The
      > smaller battles get played more becuse the PC is better it them.
      >
      > James

    • James W. Durney
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007

        > Sure shows to go you , when it comes to predicting the future. I would
        > have thought AI would be improving by leaps and bounds, but that hasnt
        > happened.

        Considering the state of human NI, what are you looking for in AI?