Re: HPS has announced Campaign Chickamauga

  • James W. Durney
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4 4:32 PM
      > James, these are suitable for play against the computer?

      Depends, nothing beats a person and the PC AI is fair to poor. The
      smaller games it will hold up but the large scale battles it gets real
      bad.

      I usually play the PC, being unwilling or unable to set aside the time
      to play PBEM. I keep wishing they would put some time into improving
      the AI but I'm not sure that is possible either.

      Hope that helps. I have all the games and am buying this one. The
      smaller battles get played more becuse the PC is better it them.

      James
    • Carl Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4 6:28 PM
        Sure shows to go you , when it comes to predicting the future. I would
        have thought AI would be improving by leaps and bounds, but that hasnt
        happened.

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "James W. Durney" <JWD2044@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" <carlw4514@>
        > wrote:
        > > James, these are suitable for play against the computer?
        > >

        > Depends, nothing beats a person and the PC AI is fair to poor. The
        > smaller games it will hold up but the large scale battles it gets real
        > bad.
        >
        > I usually play the PC, being unwilling or unable to set aside the time
        > to play PBEM. I keep wishing they would put some time into improving
        > the AI but I'm not sure that is possible either.
        >
        > Hope that helps. I have all the games and am buying this one. The
        > smaller battles get played more becuse the PC is better it them.
        >
        > James

      • James W. Durney
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4 7:48 PM

          > Sure shows to go you , when it comes to predicting the future. I would
          > have thought AI would be improving by leaps and bounds, but that hasnt
          > happened.

          Considering the state of human NI, what are you looking for in AI?