HPS has announced Campaign Chickamauga

  • James W. Durney
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      170 stand alone scenarios and 80 campaign scenarios

      4 different campaigns for a varied campaign experience, each also has
      a "weather variant" to choose from.

      Scenarios include:
      Perryville
      Stones River
      Frankfort
      Nashville
      Chickamauga
      Greater Mill Springs
      Chattanooga

      Large maps and inclusive orders of battle offer unlimited possibilities
      for user-created scenarios.

      The standard introductory pricing is good until August 1st.
    • Carl Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
        for some reason just realized I have been pronouncing Chickamauga
        wrong [g]

        http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/Chickamauga

        James, these are suitable for play against the computer?

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "James W. Durney" <JWD2044@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
          > James, these are suitable for play against the computer?

          Depends, nothing beats a person and the PC AI is fair to poor. The
          smaller games it will hold up but the large scale battles it gets real
          bad.

          I usually play the PC, being unwilling or unable to set aside the time
          to play PBEM. I keep wishing they would put some time into improving
          the AI but I'm not sure that is possible either.

          Hope that helps. I have all the games and am buying this one. The
          smaller battles get played more becuse the PC is better it them.

          James
        • Carl Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
            Sure shows to go you , when it comes to predicting the future. I would
            have thought AI would be improving by leaps and bounds, but that hasnt
            happened.

            wrote:

            > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" <carlw4514@>
            > wrote:
            > > James, these are suitable for play against the computer?
            > >

            > Depends, nothing beats a person and the PC AI is fair to poor. The
            > smaller games it will hold up but the large scale battles it gets real
            > bad.
            >
            > I usually play the PC, being unwilling or unable to set aside the time
            > to play PBEM. I keep wishing they would put some time into improving
            > the AI but I'm not sure that is possible either.
            >
            > Hope that helps. I have all the games and am buying this one. The
            > smaller battles get played more becuse the PC is better it them.
            >
            > James

          • James W. Durney
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007

              > Sure shows to go you , when it comes to predicting the future. I would
              > have thought AI would be improving by leaps and bounds, but that hasnt
              > happened.

              Considering the state of human NI, what are you looking for in AI?