Thoughts for Memorial day weekend

  • lilsteve68@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2007
      As Memorial day Approaches I ask you to remember those men and women that have given their life in service for our country.

      Each, no doubt, once the pride and joy of his or her parents; the love of a lucky woman's or mans life; the best of friends; the best of fathers or mothers ; the best of sons or daughters ; the best of brothers or sisters , to someone. Now, their spirits having flown,

      How many died, filled with inner regrets of one form or another?

      How many wished that they had been a better son, daughter ?

      A better father, mother ? A better brother, sister ? Or a better friend? I think probably more than we would ever want to know...

      What contributions to the world could they have made ?

      Each of you reading this has the power and the ability to do what those that have passed on before where unable to do.

      We can be better husbands, wives, fathers,mothers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters and friends!
      We can make the very most of our lives, while we have this privilege called "LIFE"
      We can stop taking our freedoms, blessings and opportunities for granted!
      We can be better people! And trust me, we can ALWAYS be better Americans!
      Remember to practice the simple, wonderful "Golden Rule!"
      Remember that Albert Einstein said, just days prior to his death, "The only life worth living, is the life we live for other people."

      Remember to pray for our soldiers now in harm's way overseas. And finally, thank you for remembering , those who have demonstrated the very greatest love, by laying down their lives.

      Please Take the time out to thank a Veteran today.  May we never forget! Never!

      God Bless
      Steven Cone

      See what's free at AOL.com.