Re: Chicamauga

  • James W. Durney
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 6, 2007
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "jrebohio" <nycstlrr@...> wrote:

      > Anyone on the list live near Chickamauga?
      >
      > After looking forward to a much anticipated trip to the battlefield
      > trace the steps of the 16th Alabama,I now must cancel the trip due to
      > unforseen circumstances......
      >
      > If anyone lives close by with a digital camera, could they snap a
      shot
      > or two of where the 16th fought for me?? Please contact me off list
      if
      > you can.

      Bill,

      Chickamauga is a great trip and a fine battlefield to walk. While
      there, try to make the trip to Chattonogga (sp) and Lookout MT. You
      are not far from Ringgold, take the time to make that side trip. The
      RR station is from the war! ACW history is alive and well in that area
      and it is great fun for us.

      James