Re: [civilwarwest] life out there

  • basecat1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
      In a message dated 3/2/2007 12:16:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, rchurch@... writes:
      Might be a good time for an old lurker like myself  to weigh in and say how much I much I appreciate that the discussions here are always civil and informative.  And the fact they sometimes wander off into unintended territory is all the better.  It's always on topic (well, close enough).  There are many here that post all the time that even though I've never met them I consider as friends.  So just a word of thanks from one is doing his best to listen and learn.  Now, back to tall grass.

      Ron Church
      Manchester MD

      Ron,

      It is a good group, and us Easterners, who spend so much time on the War here gleam a lot of info. that we had no clue about.  Hope you and the Mrs. will be joining us in Tennessee at Muster.  :)

      Regards from the Garden State,

      Steve

    • basecat1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
        In a message dated 3/2/2007 12:32:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, tmix@... writes:

        Ron,

        You’re on to something.  I feel that I have made several friends here that I have visited on site and privately. I have never met any of them but yet I know them. Sometime I hope we meet at a battlefield and walk it together and talk and talk and talk and smile all the way.

        Tom

        Tom,

        We will be having our annual Chat Room Muster in Tennessee in June, and you are more than welcome to join us as we tour the grounds of Spring Hill, and Franklin.  I extend this invitation to all who wish to join us in June.  It's always a great weekend, and the motto of the group, has always been, the more the merrier.  This will be our 9th muster.

        Regards from the Garden State,

        Steve Basic

      • Tom Mix
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007

          Steve,

          Thanks.

          What are the June dates? It would be a real joy to be there but I’m not sure at this point if I can but I would love to if possible.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
            In a message dated 3/2/2007 1:13:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, tmix@... writes:

            Steve,

            Thanks.

            What are the June dates? It would be a real joy to be there but I’m not sure at this point if I can but I would love to if possible.

            Tom

            Tom,

            Father's Day weekend.  3rd weekend in June.

            Steve

          • Tom Mix
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2, 2007

              I gotta lot on the plate, but I’ll keep it in mind.

              Thanks so much.

              Tom