Re: [civilwarwest] life out there

  • basecat1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
      In a message dated 3/1/2007 11:33:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, tmix@... writes:

      Thanks, Steve. I’ll knock it off now and hope all is well.

      Tom

      :)  No need to knock it off...Have had the same problem here a few times with Yahoo as well. :)  Also have posted posts that finally showed up a couple of weeks after I wrote them.  :)

      Steve

    • Tom Mix
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007

        Well, it seems the problem still lives.  I’ll keep aware.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007

          Might be a good time for an old lurker like myself  to weigh in and say how much I much I appreciate that the discussions here are always civil and informative.  And the fact they sometimes wander off into unintended territory is all the better.  It's always on topic (well, close enough).  There are many here that post all the time that even though I've never met them I consider as friends.  So just a word of thanks from one is doing his best to listen and learn.  Now, back to tall grass.

          Ron Church
          Manchester MD
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007

            Ron,

            You’re on to something.  I feel that I have made several friends here that I have visited on site and privately. I have never met any of them but yet I know them. Sometime I hope we meet at a battlefield and walk it together and talk and talk and talk and smile all the way.

            Tom

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
              In a message dated 3/2/2007 12:16:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, rchurch@... writes:
              Might be a good time for an old lurker like myself  to weigh in and say how much I much I appreciate that the discussions here are always civil and informative.  And the fact they sometimes wander off into unintended territory is all the better.  It's always on topic (well, close enough).  There are many here that post all the time that even though I've never met them I consider as friends.  So just a word of thanks from one is doing his best to listen and learn.  Now, back to tall grass.

              Ron Church
              Manchester MD

              Ron,

              It is a good group, and us Easterners, who spend so much time on the War here gleam a lot of info. that we had no clue about.  Hope you and the Mrs. will be joining us in Tennessee at Muster.  :)

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
                In a message dated 3/2/2007 12:32:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, tmix@... writes:

                Ron,

                You’re on to something.  I feel that I have made several friends here that I have visited on site and privately. I have never met any of them but yet I know them. Sometime I hope we meet at a battlefield and walk it together and talk and talk and talk and smile all the way.

                Tom

                Tom,

                We will be having our annual Chat Room Muster in Tennessee in June, and you are more than welcome to join us as we tour the grounds of Spring Hill, and Franklin.  I extend this invitation to all who wish to join us in June.  It's always a great weekend, and the motto of the group, has always been, the more the merrier.  This will be our 9th muster.

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007

                  Steve,

                  Thanks.

                  What are the June dates? It would be a real joy to be there but I’m not sure at this point if I can but I would love to if possible.

                  Tom

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
                    In a message dated 3/2/2007 1:13:52 AM Eastern Standard Time, tmix@... writes:

                    Steve,

                    Thanks.

                    What are the June dates? It would be a real joy to be there but I’m not sure at this point if I can but I would love to if possible.

                    Tom

                    Tom,

                    Father's Day weekend.  3rd weekend in June.

                    Steve

                  • Tom Mix
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 2, 2007

                      I gotta lot on the plate, but I’ll keep it in mind.

                      Thanks so much.

                      Tom