Re: OO Howard

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 64 , Feb 10, 2007
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "William H Keene" <wh_keene@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, Polk was able to maintain himself even after exhibiting many
      > > faults but the one that I could never understand: who after
      failure
      > > after failure was not only able to maintain himself but to advance
      > > over men that had success after success. I am speaking or O. O.
      > > Howard. Polk may have had a certain imprimature because of his
      > > exalted position in the church. What was Howard's secret?
      > >
      > > Bill Bruner
      >
      > What 'failure after failure' is attributable to Howard?

      Just off the top of my head, I would say that that Chancelorsville,
      Gettysburg, and Picketts Mill would dissuade many from picking him for
      their fantasy league of great commanders.

      Bill Bruner
    • Jfepperson@aol.com
      Message 64 of 64 , May 22, 2007
        In a message dated 5/22/2007 3:19:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, GnrlJEJohnston@... writes:
        JEJ whose wife grew up in Marion, Illinois
        What's your wife's name?  (My mother  ---  Anne
        Felts  ---   is from Marion.)  Her grandfather
        was in the 128th Ill, then in the 9th Ill Mtd Inf.

        JFE

        See what's free at AOL.com.