Re: "Fightin' Joe" Wheeler's "meteoric rise"

  • Dan Giallombardo
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 29, 2007
      Tom,
      I couldn't agree more. Enlisted men I've known, were never sized
      by the psuedo-visionary zeal of men like Kilpatrick. They just
      hunkered down and prayed to go home in one piece. He may have seen
      himself as a romantic figure-I don't know that-,reckless would be a
      word I would strongly consider applying. Perhaps, even suicidal. I've
      never read what his troops thought.---Dan