Re: Paging WH Keene

  • William H Keene
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      I am the decendent of a William Henry Keene who was in the war.
      However, IIRC, volume 8 of PUSG covers the Vicksburg campaign. During
      that time my ancestor was on the coast of North Carolina, so its
      doubtful Grant issued a pass to him. According to the National Park
      Service database there were about a half dozen men named William H
      Keene who served and over a dozen more listed as William Keene with no
      middle initial identified. Several of those listed were with units
      present on the Vicksburg campaign.

      > I noticed in PUSG Volume 8 that Grant issues a pass to one WH
      Keene ...