Paging WH Keene

  • Tony Gunter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      I noticed in PUSG Volume 8 that Grant issues a pass to one WH Keene ...
      any relation?

      :)
    • William H Keene
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
        I am the decendent of a William Henry Keene who was in the war.
        However, IIRC, volume 8 of PUSG covers the Vicksburg campaign. During
        that time my ancestor was on the coast of North Carolina, so its
        doubtful Grant issued a pass to him. According to the National Park
        Service database there were about a half dozen men named William H
        Keene who served and over a dozen more listed as William Keene with no
        middle initial identified. Several of those listed were with units
        present on the Vicksburg campaign.