Re: .Between wind and water

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2006
      Upon further review I found this definition:

      in that part of a ship's side or bottom which is frequently brought
      above water by the rolling of the ship, or fluctuation of the water's
      surface. Hence, colloquially, (as an injury to that part of a vessel,
      in an engagement, is particularly dangerous) the vulnerable part or
      point of anything.

      Bill Bruner