Hood at Sugar Creek

  • richard_connie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2006
      I just returned from a trip to Athens, Al and ventured to Sugar Creek
      just across the Tennesse line. Noteing the marker at the highway
      bridge and knowing that it had been said that the action there may have
      happened just west of the marker I ventured down the side road.
      Following the road about a mile, the road sharply turned north into the
      hills. Does anyone know if this would have been the place of crossing
      used by both Hood in '64 and by Wheeler in '63?