Re: Bearss' Three Volume Set On Vicksburg Campaign

  • Tony Gunter
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 9, 2006
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "James W. Durney" <JWD2044@...>
      wrote:

      > My knowledge of Vicksburg isn't good enough to nitpick Bearss.

      My knowledge of Vicksburg isn't good enough to nitpick Bearss except in
      regard to the Battle of Raymond. In that particular section, however,
      he just plain makes stuff up, sometimes out of whole cloth. Which
      makes me uneasy as I read the rest of the material. I feel like I
      ought to be checking his sources every time I see a footnote.