Corps Trivia Question III

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
      What Corps is famous for never losing a color or a cannon, although
      vigorously engaged in seven states.
      Bill Bruner
    • nickrelee@aol.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
          Nick, while the 9th was indeed a wandering Corps that fought in many
          different states (five by my count) it is not the one in question.

          Bill Bruner

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, nickrelee@... wrote:

          > 9th Corps?
          > --Nick
          >
          > In a message dated 10/13/2006 9:57:23 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
          > banbruner@... writes:
          >
          > What Corps is famous for never losing a color or a cannon, although
          > vigorously engaged in seven states.
          > Bill Bruner

        • Kevin & Judy Coy
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
            15th Corps?

            Kevin S. Coy

            Nick, while the 9th was indeed a wandering Corps that fought in many
            different states (five by my count) it is not the one in question.

            Bill Bruner

            --- In civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com, nickrelee@.. . wrote:

            > 9th Corps?
            > --Nick
            >
            > In a message dated 10/13/2006 9:57:23 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
            > banbruner@.. . writes:
            >
            > What Corps is famous for never losing a color or a cannon, although
            > vigorously engaged in seven states.
            > Bill Bruner

          • gnrljejohnston
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@...>
              wrote:

              > What Corps is famous for never losing a color or a cannon, although
              > vigorously engaged in seven states.
              > Bill Bruner

              XV Corps

              It has to be a Western Corps and one that went with Uncle Billy to
              Savannah and up through the Carolinas.

              JEJ
            • Bill Bruner
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
                The Fifteenth did indeed fight in seven states (Ark. Mis. Al.
                Tenn. Ga. S.C and N.C) and I can't vouch whether the 15th ever lost
                a cannon or color But according my very reliable source this isn't
                the answer.

                Bill Bruner

                --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "gnrljejohnston"