Re: Braxton Bragg

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 64 , Oct 9, 2006
      Greetings,
      Grady McWhiney's book, "Braxton Bragg and the Confederate Defeat",
      seems to try to deal fairly with the subject. I too, being related to
      him by blood, often find the articles and stories written about him to
      be very biased, to say the least. I think that he had many outstanding
      moments, and several of indecision and doubt, as do all men, but I do
      not think that he desrves to be villified. I am glad to see that there
      are a few who believe different from his detractors.

      Your Obdt. Svt.,
      Keith Bragg
    • rbaquero@netzero.net
      Message 64 of 64 , Oct 30, 2006

         To compare Braxton with Thomas is impossible, StoneWall was one of the BEST Generals and officers in the Confederate Army in all ways ! .." Jackson lost his left arm but I lost my Right one "...Gen Robert Lee