[civilwarwest] Re: Chickamauga

  • Laurence D. Schiller
    Message 1 of 109 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hello Hank - as far as I know, they were not drilled as cavalry -
      they did not practice the evolutions of cavalry and I have not seen
      anywhere where they used their horses as anything but transport.
      Dismounted cavalry and infantry skirmish lines are pretty much the
      same, so Wilder's men fought in that fashion, although they had
      originally been drilled as regular infantry.

      Best,

      Laurie Schiller

      --
      Dr. Laurence D. Schiller