Re: They're baaaaack

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
      OK, this is getting added in the maps folder! Thanks!

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@...> wrote:

      > As far as RR maps go, I don't think we can improve on
      > www.csa-railroads.com. It is very complete, detailed, and very
      > navigable.
      >
      > Bill Bruner
    • Dick Weeks
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
        Carl, to be very honest I haven't looked in depth at most of the links on
        that portion of my website. Generally when I am answering questions from my
        website I just refer to my library and seldom use the Internet. On this
        page of my website when I link a site I don't really look at that site other
        than to make sure it is Civil War related and that it is on the right page
        for the category I selected. Then I just link it. Now on the other link
        section of my website I do look at the site before I link it. Also on that
        page a webmaster has to request to be linked. On that section I won't put a
        site up that is just hard over in one direction or the other and just
        contains data to support that point of view. There are just too many of the
        "Lost Cause" type sites up there where the information is borderline
        truthful at best, and just a flat lie at worst. On the LSU portion I just
        link a site when I find it and let the reader be the judge. Also I have a
        mailbox set up so that those that want their site linked to page can email
        me. That way I have the LSU portion relatively isolated from the main
        portion of my site other than the link to get to it. You can really tell
        when you visit my site but the LSU portion is actually a subweb to my main
        site. I thought it would be just too hard to manage to fully integrate it.

        Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
        http://www.civilwarhome.com