Re: They're baaaaack

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
      As far as RR maps go, I don't think we can improve on
      www.csa-railroads.com. It is very complete, detailed, and very
      navigable.

      Bill Bruner

      > you are welcome.
      > Railroad map of confederacy just helped settle an issue for me with
      > someone.
      >
      > Don't know about anyone else but as a project I plan to save these
      > maps and store them somewhere safe [not just my C-drive!] in case
      they
      > go bye-bye again.

    • Carl Williams
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
        I kinda wonder if someone is working on some of these... seems to be
        more there than before

        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Steve Saultz <tristan4th@...> wrote:

        > Hi Carl....
        > I wonder why they didn't include or don't have;
        Wilsons Creek or Pea Ridge?? Again Thankya!
        > Capt McCracken..........

      • Carl Williams
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
          OK, this is getting added in the maps folder! Thanks!

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@...> wrote:

          > As far as RR maps go, I don't think we can improve on
          > www.csa-railroads.com. It is very complete, detailed, and very
          > navigable.
          >
          > Bill Bruner
        • Dick Weeks
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
            Carl, to be very honest I haven't looked in depth at most of the links on
            that portion of my website. Generally when I am answering questions from my
            website I just refer to my library and seldom use the Internet. On this
            page of my website when I link a site I don't really look at that site other
            than to make sure it is Civil War related and that it is on the right page
            for the category I selected. Then I just link it. Now on the other link
            section of my website I do look at the site before I link it. Also on that
            page a webmaster has to request to be linked. On that section I won't put a
            site up that is just hard over in one direction or the other and just
            contains data to support that point of view. There are just too many of the
            "Lost Cause" type sites up there where the information is borderline
            truthful at best, and just a flat lie at worst. On the LSU portion I just
            link a site when I find it and let the reader be the judge. Also I have a
            mailbox set up so that those that want their site linked to page can email
            me. That way I have the LSU portion relatively isolated from the main
            portion of my site other than the link to get to it. You can really tell
            when you visit my site but the LSU portion is actually a subweb to my main
            site. I thought it would be just too hard to manage to fully integrate it.

            Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
            http://www.civilwarhome.com