Re: [civilwarwest] Re: They're baaaaack

  • Steve Saultz
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
               Hi Carl....
                     I wonder why they didn't include or don't have; Wilsons Creek or Pea Ridge??  Again Thankya!
              Capt McCracken..........

      Carl Williams <carlw4514@...> wrote:
      you are welcome.
      Railroad map of confederacy just helped settle an issue for me with
      someone.

      Don't know about anyone else but as a project I plan to save these
      maps and store them somewhere safe [not just my C-drive!] in case they
      go bye-bye again.

    • Bill Bruner
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
        As far as RR maps go, I don't think we can improve on
        www.csa-railroads.com. It is very complete, detailed, and very
        navigable.

        Bill Bruner

        > you are welcome.
        > Railroad map of confederacy just helped settle an issue for me with
        > someone.
        >
        > Don't know about anyone else but as a project I plan to save these
        > maps and store them somewhere safe [not just my C-drive!] in case
        they
        > go bye-bye again.

      • Carl Williams
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
          I kinda wonder if someone is working on some of these... seems to be
          more there than before

          --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Steve Saultz <tristan4th@...> wrote:

          > Hi Carl....
          > I wonder why they didn't include or don't have;
          Wilsons Creek or Pea Ridge?? Again Thankya!
          > Capt McCracken..........

        • Carl Williams
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
            OK, this is getting added in the maps folder! Thanks!

            --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@...> wrote:

            > As far as RR maps go, I don't think we can improve on
            > www.csa-railroads.com. It is very complete, detailed, and very
            > navigable.
            >
            > Bill Bruner
          • Dick Weeks
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
              Carl, to be very honest I haven't looked in depth at most of the links on
              that portion of my website. Generally when I am answering questions from my
              website I just refer to my library and seldom use the Internet. On this
              page of my website when I link a site I don't really look at that site other
              than to make sure it is Civil War related and that it is on the right page
              for the category I selected. Then I just link it. Now on the other link
              section of my website I do look at the site before I link it. Also on that
              page a webmaster has to request to be linked. On that section I won't put a
              site up that is just hard over in one direction or the other and just
              contains data to support that point of view. There are just too many of the
              "Lost Cause" type sites up there where the information is borderline
              truthful at best, and just a flat lie at worst. On the LSU portion I just
              link a site when I find it and let the reader be the judge. Also I have a
              mailbox set up so that those that want their site linked to page can email
              me. That way I have the LSU portion relatively isolated from the main
              portion of my site other than the link to get to it. You can really tell
              when you visit my site but the LSU portion is actually a subweb to my main
              site. I thought it would be just too hard to manage to fully integrate it.

              Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
              http://www.civilwarhome.com