Re: They're baaaaack

  • Carl Williams
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
      you are welcome.
      Railroad map of confederacy just helped settle an issue for me with
      someone.

      Don't know about anyone else but as a project I plan to save these
      maps and store them somewhere safe [not just my C-drive!] in case they
      go bye-bye again.
    • Carl Williams
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
        Your efforts appreciated as well, sir.
        Do you have any links in particular you'd recommend there?

        > Since we are on the subject of links this would be a good time to
        remind
        > folks that for some months now I have been maintaining what used to
        be the
        > LSU's Civil War Center Link Index.
      • Steve Saultz
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
                   Hi Carl....
                         I wonder why they didn't include or don't have; Wilsons Creek or Pea Ridge??  Again Thankya!
                  Capt McCracken..........

          Carl Williams <carlw4514@...> wrote:
          you are welcome.
          Railroad map of confederacy just helped settle an issue for me with
          someone.

          Don't know about anyone else but as a project I plan to save these
          maps and store them somewhere safe [not just my C-drive!] in case they
          go bye-bye again.

        • Bill Bruner
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
            As far as RR maps go, I don't think we can improve on
            www.csa-railroads.com. It is very complete, detailed, and very
            navigable.

            Bill Bruner

            > you are welcome.
            > Railroad map of confederacy just helped settle an issue for me with
            > someone.
            >
            > Don't know about anyone else but as a project I plan to save these
            > maps and store them somewhere safe [not just my C-drive!] in case
            they
            > go bye-bye again.

          • Carl Williams
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
              I kinda wonder if someone is working on some of these... seems to be
              more there than before

              --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Steve Saultz <tristan4th@...> wrote:

              > Hi Carl....
              > I wonder why they didn't include or don't have;
              Wilsons Creek or Pea Ridge?? Again Thankya!
              > Capt McCracken..........

            • Carl Williams
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
                OK, this is getting added in the maps folder! Thanks!

                --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@...> wrote:

                > As far as RR maps go, I don't think we can improve on
                > www.csa-railroads.com. It is very complete, detailed, and very
                > navigable.
                >
                > Bill Bruner
              • Dick Weeks
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2006
                  Carl, to be very honest I haven't looked in depth at most of the links on
                  that portion of my website. Generally when I am answering questions from my
                  website I just refer to my library and seldom use the Internet. On this
                  page of my website when I link a site I don't really look at that site other
                  than to make sure it is Civil War related and that it is on the right page
                  for the category I selected. Then I just link it. Now on the other link
                  section of my website I do look at the site before I link it. Also on that
                  page a webmaster has to request to be linked. On that section I won't put a
                  site up that is just hard over in one direction or the other and just
                  contains data to support that point of view. There are just too many of the
                  "Lost Cause" type sites up there where the information is borderline
                  truthful at best, and just a flat lie at worst. On the LSU portion I just
                  link a site when I find it and let the reader be the judge. Also I have a
                  mailbox set up so that those that want their site linked to page can email
                  me. That way I have the LSU portion relatively isolated from the main
                  portion of my site other than the link to get to it. You can really tell
                  when you visit my site but the LSU portion is actually a subweb to my main
                  site. I thought it would be just too hard to manage to fully integrate it.

                  Dick (a.k.a. Shotgun)
                  http://www.civilwarhome.com