Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Grant's Memoirs and Casualties at Raymond

  • Ronald black
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2006
      Not aware of any time-line formula to count a casualty as "killed in battle" or as "died of wounds".  Logic would to me that a wounded soldier moved to a care station was counted as "wounded" but his status would change to "died of wounds" when, later, he died in the field station.  Killed was probably based on how many were buried by the burial details.  In any event, the calucation of casualties during the civil war as an inexact science.
      Ron