The most important campaign

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 54 , Sep 6, 2006
      This thread has seemed to have played out. I have enjoyed it, all
      posts have been well thought out and all opinions were backed by
      facts and cogent reasoning.

      In the middle of this discussion, on the CW Talk Radio archives I
      heard no less an authority as Richard McMurray state, and I
      quote, "Mill Springs was far, far, more important strategically than
      Gettysburg." Go figure.

      We have discussed Atlanta and Sheridan's Valley Campaign and
      Farraguts conquest of Mobile Bay and their effects on the 64
      elections. And the capture of Ft. Donelson with it's breaking ot the
      Confederate center and subsequent effects. The importance or non
      importance of the opening of the Mississippi at Vicksburg, the
      turning back of Confederate offensives at Perryville, Gettysburg and
      Antietam and the importance of the Emancipation Proclamation and
      it's effect on foriegn interference. And the seven day's battles,
      saving Richmond for a time and the prospect and ramifications of
      ending the war before the Emancipation Proclamation. And now we are
      talking about Polk's violation of Ky's neutrality.

      All are important and worthy of ones adherence. Thus I have decided
      to use am old fall back position: When confronted with numerous
      propositions, all equally attractive, and each supported by by good
      and seemingly equal evidence I will choose the one that pleases me
      the most.

      Bill Bruner
    • rbaquero@netzero.net
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 10, 2006

        ...No question about it, the TRUTH  is only one = Abuse of Power and politics .

        -raul