Re: [civilwarwest] Re: The most important campaign

  • nickrelee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 54 , Sep 1, 2006
      Getting back to the most important campaign I think a case for the fall of 1862 has to be made.  Multiple offensive operations by the Confederates were turned back and the victory in the taboo theater allowed Lincoln to issue a preliminary emancipation proclamation.  That virtually assured there would be no foreign intervention.  The Confederates obviously had success after that but I'm not sure their chances were ever as great as they were in August 62.
      --Nick Kurtz
    • rbaquero@netzero.net
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 10, 2006

        ...No question about it, the TRUTH  is only one = Abuse of Power and politics .

        -raul