The most important campaign

  • Bill Bruner
    Message 1 of 54 , Aug 28, 2006
      I have just heard on CW Talk Radio Dr. David Long of East Carolina
      University state his belief the the Atlanta Campaign was the most
      important campaign in the Civil War.
      From a purely parochial point of view I would like to believe this.
      As I live in the midst of the Atlanta campaign but I must confess that
      I had never thought of it as being the most important. I'm not sure
      how I would rank campaigns in order of importance or or even what
      criteria to use in such a ranking. I suppose if I had been pressed I
      probably would have reflexsivly picked Viksburg and Gettysburg as one
      and two and would not be sure which was one and which was two.

      Bill Bruner
    • rbaquero@netzero.net
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 10, 2006

        ...No question about it, the TRUTH  is only one = Abuse of Power and politics .

        -raul