Re: Roswell, P.O. Ws etc

  • gnrljejohnston
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 19, 2006

      > In a message dated 8/18/2006 1:42:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
      > odinbat@... writes:
      > I would love to have a large collection of copies of Sherman's
      letters, I think out of all the letter collections from the civil war
      I like Shermans the best. Sherman comes across to me as very
      focused........
      If you haven't the book, do get ahold of Sherman's Civil War, edited
      by Brooks Simpson. I thought I had a handle on the man, but that
      particular collection of his letters gave me a pleasant jolt. A
      complex but a straight-shooting, amazing personality.

      Ken

      I do not have Brook's book (sorry Brooks)but do have Howe's "Home
      Letters of General Sherman." Like you say, and I have said many
      times, Sherman was a very complex individual.

      JEJ