Re: Roswell

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 14, 2006
      --- Another little side note to always keep in mind,From Presidents of
      the United States to little school childern and all inbetween , when
      they find themsleves in lets say " controversial or compromiseing
      circumstances" they all tend to fabricate the truth to cover their A-
      -,I think that was a nice way of putting it? How many people always
      tell the 100% truth if their A-- is on the line,or do they tell
      things to go in their favor? So never think an "offical report" is God
      given truth. Humans lie

      Charles

      In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@...> wrote:

      > Thank you, Cash, I may look into this. I had just about come to the
      > conclusion that there were too few facts known for a book and
      > figured it would have to be a movie.
      >
      > By the way a thought occured to me about the description of these
      > ladies as "hardly a one who was passably handsome". In a letter
      > home to my wife this is the way I would have felt compelled to
      > describe 400 women that were in my custody.:)
      >
      > Bill Bruner
      >

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "cashg79" <CashG79@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bruner" <banbruner@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > There has to be a book here for any of you writers and
      > historians
      > > > who can do the research to find what became of these young women
      > > in
      > > > Indiana. Where did they go, what did they do, did they find
      > jobs
      > > > (good, bad, indifferent) did they marry and have children? Was
      > > > their lot improved from what it would have been. What was the
      > lot
      > > > of their children. What was the impact of 400 unatractive women
      > > set
      > > > loose on the tender mercies of Indiana. If well done it would be
      > > > fascinating story.
      > > --------------
      > >
      > > Bill,
      > >
      > > I haven't read either of these so I can't comment on how accurate
      > > they are, but:
      > >
      > > Michael D. Hitt, _After the Left Flank: Military Operations in the
      > > Roswell Area after July 16, 1864, and the Journey of the Roswell
      > > Mill Employees_ (Roswell, Ga.: privately printed, 1985)
      > >
      > > Michael D. Hitt, _Charged with Treason: Ordeal of 400 Mill Workers
      > > during Military Operations in Roswell, Georgia, 1864-1865_
      > (Monroe,
      > > N.Y.: Library Research Associates, 1992)
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Cash

    • Charles
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 14, 2006