Grant Moves South

  • Tony Gunter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006
      Reading through Kiper's bio recently. He claims that McPherson was
      against moving south of Vicksburg. I have never seen this asserted
      before ... and he doesn't include a source for this statement. I
      understand that Sherman was against moving south, but has anyone ever
      read a primary source that indicated McPherson was against the move
      south also?