Re: FW: NOTE: Sherman & L.S.U.

  • virginia_cajun
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Huddleston"
      <huddleston.r@...> wrote:

      > Hmm. Uncle Billy is controversial in Baton Rouge? Who would have
      > thought....

      In case you or anyone else is unaware of the fact, I am an alumnus of
      the Ole War Skule. One wag had suggested the building to be named for
      Sherman would be the fire station. Because he was the first
      superintendent of what is now LSU and because he was a friend of the
      school after the war (seeing that President David French Boyd received
      rifles and cannon for the cadets to use), I have no problem with
      naming a building for Sherman.

      Art Bergeron