Re: Ambrose on Vicksburg

  • carlw4514@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 45 , May 4 6:24 AM
      thanks for the tip about the map at the end of vol II Shelby Foote ...
      this actually shows where Sherman's 1862 assault was, while also
      showing Grant's / Pemberton's movements/battles in 1863. I think you
      are right, it was just one big flanking movement to get to where they
      were trying to go in 1862!
      Ok, I'll try to do a post, it'll be on Steele Bayou and the opening
      of the Yazoo pass, connected events...
      carl

    • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
      Message 45 of 45 , May 20 7:13 AM