Re: Ambrose on Vicksburg

  • carlw4514@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 45 , May 3, 2001
      eric, I'm glad we stumbled across your area of expertise! Those early
      expeditions across Steele Bayou, etc., are quite interesting, I'll try
      to do a post on them sometime, maybe as 4th of July approaches!
      If I understand you correctly, Grant essentially outflanked the
      ability of the Rebs to stand astride his supply lines, once he crossed
      the Big Black?
      Carl

    • ParrotheadDan@avenew.com
      Message 45 of 45 , May 20, 2001