Re: [civilwarwest] Brooks Simpson's Ulysses S. Grant: An opposing view II

  • basecat1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2001
      In a message dated 5/1/2001 4:53:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      FLYNSWEDE@... writes:

      Steve,
      The best book that I have found was one recommended to me by Ed Bearss and
      Wiley Sword,  George Henry Thomas  -  The Dependable General by Frank A.
      Palumbo.  It was published in 1983 by Morningside House, Inc.  ISBN No.
      0-89029-311-2    This is one book that would be well worth being part of
      one's George Thomas library.

      Your obedient servant,

      Wayne

      Wayne....Funny you should mention the book...I picked up a copy in Gettysburg
      this past weekend....About had a heart attack when I saw Pap's face on the
      cover.  :)  Thanks again.   Regards from the Garden State,  Steve.
    • basecat1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2001
        In a message dated 5/3/2001 9:40:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        rtaubman@... writes:

        Is Susannah Warner doing research for a new book?  Wouldn't that be great!

        Bob....I hope her research does end up being a book...and am guessing it will
        be eventually.  :)  Regards from the Garden State, Steve.