Re: [civilwarwest] Brooks Simpson's Ulysses S. Grant: An opposing view II

  • Robert Taubman
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2001
      I have read Palumbo's and enjoyed it very much. My favourite though would be
      Education in Violence by Frances F. McKinney. Also enjoyed General George H.
      Thomas, The Indomitable Warrior by Wilbur Thomas(no relation).

      Is Susannah Warner doing research for a new book? Wouldn't that be great!

      I must say that I am enjoying Brooks' Grant. Heck, I enjoy all books on the
      Civil War.

      Bob Taubman
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2001
        In a message dated 5/1/2001 4:53:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        FLYNSWEDE@... writes:

        Steve,
        The best book that I have found was one recommended to me by Ed Bearss and
        Wiley Sword,  George Henry Thomas  -  The Dependable General by Frank A.
        Palumbo.  It was published in 1983 by Morningside House, Inc.  ISBN No.
        0-89029-311-2    This is one book that would be well worth being part of
        one's George Thomas library.

        Your obedient servant,

        Wayne

        Wayne....Funny you should mention the book...I picked up a copy in Gettysburg
        this past weekend....About had a heart attack when I saw Pap's face on the
        cover.  :)  Thanks again.   Regards from the Garden State,  Steve.
      • basecat1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2001
          In a message dated 5/3/2001 9:40:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          rtaubman@... writes:

          Is Susannah Warner doing research for a new book?  Wouldn't that be great!

          Bob....I hope her research does end up being a book...and am guessing it will
          be eventually.  :)  Regards from the Garden State, Steve.